GLOBAL MOVIE DAY OSCARS VIDEO PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Global Movie Day Oscars Video Promotion (the “Promotion”) begins at 6:00 AM United States Pacific Time (“PT”) on February 09, 2023 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on February 14, 2023 (the "Promotion Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry (“Entrant”). Employees of Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (the “Sponsor”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate. Void in all Countries embargoed by the United States and where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Promotion during the Promotion Period, the Entrant must visit https://www.oscars.org/oscars/global-movie-day-video-promotion (the “Website”), and complete the online entry form to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”) into the Promotion. As the Entrant, limit (1) Entry per person. Any duplicate Entries will be discarded. All eligible Entries must be received by 11:59 PM PT on February 14, 2023 to be eligible for the random drawing. Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged Entries. Proof of sending or submission of Entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering, you are agreeing to receive further email communication from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and/or the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures.
4. VIDEO SUBMISSION OPPORTUNITY: Up to thirty (30) Entrants may be selected from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period, on or about February 15, 2023. The selection will be conducted by the Sponsor whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Promotion. Odds of being selected depend on the total number of eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Entrants selected will be notified at the email address provided on their Entry by the Sponsor for the opportunity to submit a video telling the Sponsor “Which 95th Oscar Nominated Best Picture are you rooting for?” to be possibly featured in a video series produced by the Sponsor. Along with the video, Entrants will be required to sign and return a Materials Release Agreement (“Release”) and agree to Terms of the video, depending on Entrant’s country of residence and where legal. The video and Release will be due no later than March 3, 2023 for the opportunity to possibly be featured in a video series produced by the Sponsor. Any video deemed inappropriate or unsuitable in Sponsor’s sole discretion may disqualify the participant. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification and an alternate being selected. Notification returned as non-deliverable will result in disqualification and the opportunity to participate will be forfeited and an alternate may be selected and notified as indicated above. Being selected only provides the opportunity to be included in the video series. Videos that do not meet the standards of the Sponsor will not be featured in the video series. There is no monetary compensation for this opportunity. Entrants will NOT receive any form of payment for their participation.
5. GENERAL RULES: By participating in this Promotion, Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions and the decisions of the Sponsor. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the terms of the Terms & Conditions, the Terms & Conditions shall prevail, govern and control. The Sponsor and their agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Website or the Promotion or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Promotion or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Website or Promotion. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “Authorized account holder” of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure of any email or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or Website; violates the Terms & Conditions; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion or Website may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion or Website, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Promotion and select the Entrants at random from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. By entering the Promotion, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Terms & Conditions and are fully familiar with its contents.
6. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Promotion, Entrants , agree that Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Promotion agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by Entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, appearing in footage, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the opportunity or parts thereof, if applicable, or participation in the Promotion or participation in any Promotion or related activity. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
7. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, Entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or the awarding of the opportunity, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of JAMS, then effective (notwithstanding the foregoing, Entrant shall not be precluded from seeking relief in small claims court for disputes/claims within the scope of the jurisdiction of small claims court and any remedies available to Entrant under applicable federal, state or local law remain available to Entrant and are not waived pursuant to this section); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for Entrant and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and entrant waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any and all rights to injunctive relief. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The arbitrator hearing such dispute/claim/cause of action shall be neutral and the Entrant will have a reasonable opportunity to participate in the selection of the arbitrator. The arbitration will allow for the discovery and/or exchange of non-privileged information between Entrant and Sponsor. Should an Entrant initiate arbitration pursuant to this section, the Entrant shall be responsible for JAMS’s fees to do so (approximately USD$250), with all other costs of such arbitration being borne solely by Sponsor. If Entrant is a California resident and Sponsor is the prevailing party in such arbitration, such Entrant will not be responsible for Sponsor’s costs and fees in conjunction with the arbitration proceeding; BUT, IN ALL OTHER CASES, ENTRANT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH COSTS/FEES IF REQUIRED BY THE ARBITRATOR’S RULING. For the avoidance of doubt, the requirement to arbitrate disputes pursuant to this section is reciprocal and binding both upon Entrants and Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms & Conditions, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California in the U.S., without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of California or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in California in the U.S.
9. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Promotion is Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, located at 8949 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90211 USA.