93RD OSCARS AND THE ACADEMY MUSEUM OF MOTION PICTURES GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL UNITED STATES RESIDENTS, 18 OR OVER.
1) Promotion Timing: 93rd Oscars and The Academy Museum of Motion Pictures Giveaway (the “Promotion”) begins 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 31, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on April 16, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”).
2) Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal United States residents, who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (the “Sponsor”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, including Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3) How to Enter: To enter the Promotion during the Promotion Period, visit www.oscars.org/oscars/93rd-oscars-giveaway (the “Website”) and complete the online entry form to receive one entry (“Entry”) into the random drawing, as described below. All eligible Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on April 16, 2021 to be eligible for the random drawing, as described below.
Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged Entries. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. The person uploading the Entry will be deemed the entrant (the “Entrant”). Limit one (1) Entry per person; duplicate entries will be discarded.
By entering, you are agreeing to receive further email communication from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and/or the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures.
4) Random Drawing: On or about April 23, 2021, ten (10) Grand Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Promotion. Odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received.
5) Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): Grand Prize (10 total): A Sponsor-specified Academy prize pack. Prize pack includes: an exclusive 93rd Oscars Poster, 93rd Oscars Show Program, Academy Museum Baseball Hat, and an Academy Museum Cloisonné Pin. (ARV: $109 each). No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the prize (or portion of prize) is unavailable. Prizes may be substituted for any reason only at the discretion of the Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6) General Rules: Prizes will be automatically shipped to winners to the address provided at the time of registration within six-eight weeks of the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Return of prize may result in disqualification and alternate prize winner may be selected. By participating in the Promotion, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and their agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Website or the Promotion or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Promotion or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Website or Promotion. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor (as identified in these Official Rules) are not responsible for the failure of any email or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or Website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion or Website may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion or Website, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Promotion and select the winners at random from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. By entering the Promotion, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
7) Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Promotion, Entrants, and winners agree that Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Promotion agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by Entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes or parts thereof, if applicable or participation in the Promotion or participation in any Promotion or related activity. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
8) Disputes: Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or the awarding of prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of JAMS, then effective (notwithstanding the foregoing, entrant shall not be precluded from seeking relief in small claims court for disputes/claims within the scope of the jurisdiction of small claims court and any remedies available to entrant under applicable federal, state or local law remain available to entrant and are not waived pursuant to this section); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any and all rights to injunctive relief. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The arbitrator hearing such dispute/claim/cause of action shall be neutral and the entrant will have a reasonable opportunity to participate in the selection of the arbitrator. The arbitration will allow for the discovery and/or exchange of non-privileged information between entrant and Sponsor. Should an entrant initiate arbitration pursuant to this section, the entrant shall be responsible for JAMS’s fees to do so (approximately, $250), with all other costs of such arbitration being borne solely by Sponsor. If entrant is a California resident and Sponsor is the prevailing party in such arbitration, such entrant will not be responsible for Sponsor’s costs and fees in conjunction with the arbitration proceeding; BUT, IN ALL OTHER CASES, ENTRANT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH COSTS/FEES IF REQUIRED BY THE ARBITRATOR’S RULING. For the avoidance of doubt, the requirement to arbitrate disputes pursuant to this section is reciprocal and binding both upon entrants and Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of California or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in California.
10) Grand Prize Winners: For the names of winners, send an e-mail with the following subject: “93rd Oscars and The Academy Museum of Motion Pictures Giveaway Winners”, to email@example.com for receipt no later than May 14, 2021.
11) Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Promotion is Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, located at 8949 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90211.