2022 OSCARS AND ACADEMY MUSEUM OF MOTION PICTURES FAN EXPERIENCE SWEEPSTAKES RULES
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL UNITED STATES RESIDENTS, 18 OR OVER.
1) Promotion Timing: 2022 Oscars and Academy Museum of Motion Pictures Fan Experience Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins 8:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on April 20, 2021 and ends at 4:59 p.m. PT on April 25, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”).
2) Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal United States residents, who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (the “Sponsor”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, including Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3) How to Enter: To enter the Promotion during the Promotion Period, visit https://oscars.org/oscars/2022-oscars-academy-museum-fan-experience-swee... (the “Website”) and complete the online entry form to receive one entry (“Entry”) into the random drawing, as described below. All eligible Entries must be received by 4:59 p.m. PT on April 25, 2021 to be eligible for the random drawing, as described below.
Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged Entries. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. The person uploading the Entry will be deemed the entrant (the “Entrant”). Limit one (1) Entry per person; duplicate entries will be discarded.
By entering, you are agreeing to receive further email communication from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and/or the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures.
4) Random Drawing: On or about April 28, 2021, three (3) Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Promotion. Odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received.
5) Grand Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): Prize (3 total): A three (3) day/two (2) night trip for winner and one (1) travel companion to the 2022 Oscars Red Carpet Fan Experience in Los Angeles, CA for an opportunity to sit in the Red Carpet bleacher seats (“Event”). Trip includes round-trip economy air transportation for winner and travel companion from major airport nearest winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion), two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy), ride-share credit for transportation to/from the airport/hotel, admission tickets for winner and travel companion to the Event and a one (1) year Dual Academy Museum of Motion Pictures Memberships for winner only. Bleacher seats have no monetary value. If a winner lives within a 250-mile radius of Los Angeles, CA winner will receive a $250 travel stipend in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation for travel will be provided. Grand Prize winner’s travel companion must be 18 years or older at time of travel and must execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to travel. Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion are solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited to meals, surcharges, service charges, personal charges, taxes, travel and other insurance, additional transportation, gratuities, souvenirs, upgraded room accommodations and other incidentals and items of a personal nature. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, mutilated or stolen travel and/or Event documents. Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion must travel on same itinerary and must agree to depart and return on dates specified by Sponsor surrounding the Event, which are subject to change, or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Travel is subject to availability. If the Grand Prize winner is unable to travel on dates specified, prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize winner will be selected. Grand Prize is subject to additional restrictions. All travelers must have valid travel documents prior to departure (i.e., REAL ID, passport or other TSA-approved ID; visit www.tsa.gov for a list of TSA-approved IDs). All travelers must also pass any required medical testing and comply with any requirements, at any time, that may be required or recommended by any government agency, airline, or Sponsor, including without limitation, passing one or more COVID-19 antigen and screening tests, and testing negative for COVID-19. Travelers may also be required to execute any assumption of risk and/or other documents relating to COVID-19 or he/she may not be permitted to travel or participate in the Event. Sponsor is not responsible for postponement, cancellation or change of venue of any Promotion-related events. Winner and travel companion must wear appropriate attire and act in an appropriate manner (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) in order to attend the Event or they may not be admitted to or be ejected from the Event with no further compensation to winner. The prize may not be used for any trade or promotional purposes by any third party. Winner acknowledges and agrees that: (i) all persons will be required to pass a security check conducted by the Sponsor prior to entering the Event; (ii) the Red Carpet bleacher seats do not included access to the 94th Annual Academy Awards® ceremony or Dolby Theatre; and (iii) all persons will be required to sign a separate liability and publicity release form prior to entering the red carpet viewing area. Winners and travel companions also agree that Sponsor or its agents may photograph and/or videotape any or all aspects of the Event (“footage”) and winners/travel companions agree that Sponsor may use or edit that footage in any way they see fit. In the event that the Event is cancelled or postponed, the Event takes place without spectators, or the Event has a change in venue for any reason, Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof but the remainder of the trip will be awarded. In the event Grand Prize winner or his/her travel companion engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early and/or eject them from the Event, in whole or in part, and send the winner and his/her travel companion home with no further compensation to the winner. Grand Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize in these Official Rules and prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. The ARV of each Grand Prize is $1,630.
6) General Rules: Potential Prize winners will be contacted via email and must then sign and return via DocuSign, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) and Assignment of Rights (collectively, “Declaration”). The Declaration must be completed, signed and return the Declaration via a method specified by Sponsor within forty-eight (48) hours after delivery of the Declaration to the winner. Return of Prize notification may result in disqualification and alternate prize winner may be selected. By participating in the Promotion, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and their agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Website or the Promotion or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Promotion or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Website or Promotion. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor (as identified in these Official Rules) are not responsible for the failure of any email or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or Website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion or Website may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion or Website, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Promotion and select the winners at random from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. By entering the Promotion, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
7) Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Promotion, Entrants, and winners and travel companions agree that Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Promotion agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by Entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, appearing in footage, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes or parts thereof, if applicable or participation in the Promotion or participation in any Promotion or related activity. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. In the event a Prize winner or his/her travel companion(s) consume alcoholic beverages while attending the Event, they do so at their own discretion and agree to hold the Released Parties harmless from any subsequent damages or claims arising out of or related to such consumption.
8) Disputes: Except where prohibited by law, Entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or the awarding of prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of JAMS, then effective (notwithstanding the foregoing, Entrant shall not be precluded from seeking relief in small claims court for disputes/claims within the scope of the jurisdiction of small claims court and any remedies available to Entrant under applicable federal, state or local law remain available to Entrant and are not waived pursuant to this section); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any and all rights to injunctive relief. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The arbitrator hearing such dispute/claim/cause of action shall be neutral and the Entrant will have a reasonable opportunity to participate in the selection of the arbitrator. The arbitration will allow for the discovery and/or exchange of non-privileged information between Entrant and Sponsor. Should an entrant initiate arbitration pursuant to this section, the Entrant shall be responsible for JAMS’s fees to do so (approximately $250), with all other costs of such arbitration being borne solely by Sponsor. If Entrant is a California resident and Sponsor is the prevailing party in such arbitration, such Entrant will not be responsible for Sponsor’s costs and fees in conjunction with the arbitration proceeding; BUT, IN ALL OTHER CASES, ENTRANT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH COSTS/FEES IF REQUIRED BY THE ARBITRATOR’S RULING. For the avoidance of doubt, the requirement to arbitrate disputes pursuant to this section is reciprocal and binding both upon Entrants and Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of California or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in California.
9) Grand Prize Winners: For the names of winners, send an e-mail with the following subject: “2022 Oscars and Academy Museum of Motion Pictures Fan Experience Sweepstakes”, to email@example.com for receipt no later than May 28, 2021.
11) Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Promotion is Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, located at 8949 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90211.