The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and TikTok, partnered to create a variety of content around the 94th Oscars including: TikTok LIVEs, exclusive behind-the-scenes moments, red carpet coverage, and Oscars recap footage.
The Academy partnered with TikTok to identify creators and impactful moments, as well as create exclusive access throughout the 94th Oscars season. The goal was to increase awareness, drive tune-in, and attract a younger avid audience of movie lovers and aspiring filmmakers.
Moments & Experience included:
- 2x fully-promoted LIVE streams via @TikTok Red Carpet LIVE + @Oscars Backstage LIVE
- 2x Editorial Hashtags: #Oscars + #OscarsAtHome
- Exclusive Oscars-branded effect
- 2x UGC trends: #OscarsAtHome and Encanto in-broadcast integration
- TikTok created a centralized search hub where users could find the latest hashtags (#Oscars / #OscarsAtHome), @Oscars posts, and official accounts to follow.
The Oscars x TikTok partnership resulted in:
- Oscars-related hashtags (#OscarsAtHome and #Oscars) contributed to ~18B+ video views and 6M+ videos published.
- 8 @Oscars creator videos, that spearheaded the launch of the #OscarsAtHome TikTok Hub, accumlated 3M+ views.
- 8 @TikTok Red Carpet videos posted on their feed accumulated 6M+ views.
- @Oscars Backstage LIVE featuring Sophie Carson, Reece Feldman and Shawn Finnie reached 400k+ unique users.
- Oscars Red Carpet LIVE was one of TikTok's most successful red carpet lives to date, accumulating 2.1M+ total views.
- 88 TikTok UGC videos featured during the in-broadcast LIVE Encanto performance at the 94th Oscars.
- This partnership attributed to 307k+ new followers on Oscars' TikTok channels (@Oscars and @TheAcademy)